About University of Kinshasa
In 1932, the University of Louvain created, on the same site, an agronomy section, to which was added a section of administrative and commercial sciences in 1936, and a section of medical assistants in 1937.
In 1947, these three sections were grouped together under the name of "Center Universitaire Congolais de Lovanium", which was transferred from the site of Kisantu to that of Kimwenza, and which became Lovanium University in 19543.
Lovanium is the old (Latin) name for Louvain. On January 15, 1954, the first pre-university course opened under the rectorate of Jesuit Father Maurice Schurmans (1901-1970). Of the thirty registered students, eleven (those who had passed the pre-university courses) began the first academic year which began ten months later, in October 1954, in buildings still unfinished 2.
Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow, Écosse, Royaume-Uni
Access Education DRC
Access Education DRC & Travels connects students, schools and recruitment partners to international education opportunities.
© Copyright Access Education DRC All right reserved | Developed By Guide Light System